A hinge is a mechanical device used to connect two solids and allow relative rotation between them. The hinge may be constructed of movable components, or of collapsible material. The hinges are more installed on the cabinets, which are mainly divided into stainless steel hinges and iron hinges according to the material. It has a buffer function, which minimizes the noise caused by the collision with the cabinet when the cabinet door is closed.
Zinc alloy, steel, nylon, iron, stainless steel.
Powder coating, galvanized alloy, galvanized steel, sandblasting, chrome plated zinc alloy, nickel plated steel, brushed and polished.
1. Spring hinge
Mainly used for cabinet doors, wardrobe doors, it generally requires a thickness of 18-20mm. In terms of material, it can be divided into: galvanized iron, zinc alloy. In terms of performance, it can be divided into two types: holes that need to be drilled and holes that do not need to be drilled. No need to punch holes is what we call bridge hinges. The bridge hinge looks like a bridge, so it is commonly known as the bridge hinge. Its characteristic is that it does not need to drill holes in the door panel, and it is not limited by the style. Specifications are: small, medium, large. The holes that need to be drilled are the spring hinges that are now commonly used on cabinet doors. Its characteristics: the door panel must be punched, the style of the door is limited by the hinge, the door will not be blown open by the wind after it is closed, and there is no need to install various spiders. Specifications are: &26, &35. There are detachable directional hinges and non-detachable non-directional hinges. For example, the 303 series of Longsheng hinges are detachable directional hinges, while the 204 series are non-detachable spring hinges that can be divided in shape: full cover (or straight arm, straight bending) half cover (or curved arm, middle Bend) The inner (or big bend, big bend) hinge is attached with adjustment screws, which can adjust the height and thickness of the board up and down, left and right, the distance between the two screw fixing holes on the side of the hole is generally 32mm, and the distance between the diameter side and the two sides of the board is 4mm (painting). In addition, spring hinges also have various special specifications, such as: inner 45-degree angle hinge, outer 135-degree angle hinge, and open 175-degree angle hinge.
The difference between the three hinges of right-angle (straight arm), half-bend (half-curve), and big bend (big curve):
Right-angled hinges allow the door to completely cover the side panels;
The half-bent hinge allows the door panel to cover part of the side panel;
Large curved hinges allow the door and side panels to be parallel;
- 1. According to the type of base, it is divided into two types: detachable type and fixed type;
- 2. According to the type of arm body, it is divided into two types: slide-in type and card type;
- 3. According to the cover position of the door panel, it can be divided into full cover (straight bend, straight arm) with a general cover of 18 cm, half cover (middle bend, curved arm) with a cover of 9 cm, and the built-in (big bend, big bend) door panels are all hidden inside;
- 4. According to the style of hinge development stage, it is divided into: one-stage force hinge, two-stage force hinge, hydraulic buffer hinge, touch self-opening hinge, etc.;
- 5. According to the opening angle of the hinge: generally 95-110 degrees, special 25 degrees, 30 degrees, 45 degrees, 135 degrees, 165 degrees, 180 degrees, etc.;
- 6. According to the type of hinge, it is divided into: ordinary one, two-stage force hinge, short arm hinge, 26 cup micro hinge, marble hinge, aluminum frame door hinge, special angle hinge, glass hinge, rebound hinge, American hinge, damping hinge , thick door hinges, etc.
2. Door hinge
It is divided into ordinary type and bearing type. The ordinary type has been mentioned above, and now the focus is on the bearing type. The bearing type can be divided into copper and stainless steel in terms of material. In terms of specifications: 100X75 125X75 150X90 100X100 125X100 150X100 Thickness is 2.5mm, 3mm bearing has two bearings, four bearings. From the point of view of consumption, copper bearing hinges are mostly used because of their beautiful and bright style, moderate price, and equipped with screws.
3. Electrical cabinet hinges
It includes nylon hinges with high wear resistance; corrosion-resistant, high-strength zinc alloy hinges; corrosion-resistant, oxidation-resistant, high-strength stainless steel hinges, which are often used in mechanical and electrical cabinet doors, mechanical equipment operation boxes and other products.
4. Heavy duty hinges
Due to the particularity of the installation position, the requirements for the hinge are also very large. The general size is more than 150MM, the bearing capacity is large, and the shape structure conforms to the special structure of the cabinet door. It is often used in refrigerators, freezers and other large doors, mostly zinc Alloy material
5. Shaped hinge
The opening angle is large, and it is also widely used in daily use
6. Other hinges
There are countertop hinges, flap hinges, glass hinges. The glass hinge is used to install the frameless glass cabinet door, and the thickness of the glass is required to be no more than 5-6mm. The style has holes and has all the performance of spring hinges. Magnetic suction type and top-loading type without punching holes, such as PepsiCo, magnetic glass hinges, etc.
How to buy
1. Look at the material and weigh the weight
The quality of the hinge is poor, and the cabinet door is easy to lean forward and backward after being used for a long time, loose and sag. Almost all the cabinet hardware of big brands are made of cold-rolled steel, which is formed by one-time stamping, which has a thick feel and a smooth surface. Moreover, due to the thick surface coating, it is not easy to rust, strong and durable, and has strong load-bearing capacity, while inferior hinges are generally welded with thin iron sheets, which have almost no resilience, and will lose elasticity after a long time, causing the cabinet door to close. Not tight, or even cracked.
2. Experience the feel
Different hinges have different feel when used. A hinge with excellent quality has a softer force when opening the cabinet door. When it is closed to 15 degrees, it will automatically rebound, and the rebound force is very uniform. Consumers can switch cabinet doors more and more when purchasing to experience the feel.
3. View details
The details can see whether the product is good or not, so as to confirm whether the quality is outstanding. The hardware used in high-quality wardrobe hardware has a thick feel, a smooth surface, and even achieves a mute effect in design. Inferior hardware is generally made of cheap metals such as thin iron sheets, and the cabinet door is stretched and jerky, and even has a harsh sound.
In addition to the visual inspection and the smooth and smooth surface of the hinge when selecting a hinge, attention should be paid to the reset performance of the hinge spring. The quality of the reed also determines the opening angle of the door panel. A good quality reed can make the opening angle exceed 90 degrees.
The hinge can be opened 95 degrees, and the two sides of the hinge can be pressed firmly by hand to observe that the supporting spring sheet is not deformed or broken, and the very strong product is of qualified quality. Inferior hinges have a short service life and are easy to fall off, such as cabinet doors and hanging cabinets falling off, mostly due to poor hinge quality.
Pay attention to the problem
1. Gently wipe with a dry soft cloth, do not use chemical cleaners or acidic liquids to clean, if you find black spots that are difficult to remove on the surface, wipe with a little kerosene;
2. It is normal for the sound to be heard after a long period of use. In order to ensure the pulleys are lasting, smooth and silent, lubricating oil can be added regularly for maintenance every 2-3 months.
3. It should be prevented from hitting and scratching by heavy objects and sharp objects.
4. Don’t pull hard when handling, and damage the hardware at the joint of the furniture.